[T2] Fw: yay true love

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 13:24:49 PDT 2017

Are you cutting out the whole surround? Actually my lower windshield gasket
area is one of the best parts of the car. Just the opposite of a seashore
car! So, I'm gonna only cut patches. I bought one of the shrinker stretcher
things some years back. I need to make or buy a floor stand. I know Gerson.
I've sent him some NOS parts so he could measure/ copy them. I'm cutting
corners on this 1970 Westy, because it is not a very great chassis to begin
with. But I need practice, so here goes.
First, tho, the windshield posts need pulled a little. A big tree fell on
it.It's a big inch to the right at the top. I've got a friend with a frame
machine, but 20 miles away and this does not steer or drive. I think I can
pull it in my shop. My shop has a steel frame bigger than a frame machine.
I bought a pull cylinder. from harbor fright. Probably get it so good I
keep it?