[T2] Headlight problems

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Mon Nov 2 05:16:21 MST 2015

I remember this discussion on the VintageBus list - may many years ago about wire corrosion. I found it hard to believe that anything but the end/exposed part of the wire could be corroded. Then a few years ago, I was cleaning out part of a basement - I found a full spool of wire. Brand new. The wire had all turned green(corroded) inside the plastic sheathing. The plastic sheathing was partially clear - so I could see this. I know this wire was less than ten years old. Granted the basement got pretty humid at times. But based on that - I'd assume a lot of our wires are corroded even inside their protective plastic coating.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab