[VB] New Transaxle - Follow up

david raistrick keen at type2.com
Sat Jun 19 20:15:55 PDT 2021

probably worth asking rancho...  its been 20 years since i had my 4.12
built but back then it took custom machine work to fit the .82 4th with the
commonly available bug 4.12 final.  the easily fit .89 was what made the
combo uncommon for bus owners since no one was doing the work.

i know things have changed since....

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 11:03 PM Avocado Tom Tarka <avocadotom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> That’s awesome Sam!
>
> Does anyone know what the standard 4th gear that Rancho puts in split bus
> transmissions?  The tag on my transmission says 0.8-something.  The second
> digit is hard to read.
>
> I would have expected it to have the stock 4th: 0.82.  I just want to make
> sure I didn’t somehow end up with a 0.89 4th, which would be shorter
> gearing (higher RPM) than the stock trans even though I went with the
> smaller than stock 4.125 R&P.
>
> Thoughts/experiences?
>
> Thanks!
>     Tom
>
>> “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t cure stupid.” -T. Tarka
>
> > On Jun 16, 2021, at 9:11 PM, sam williams <samglw1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > An hour ago, my buddy Greg brought round my 63 single cab, with a new
> Rancho center section. He replaced the engine & tranny mounts too. I had a
> small drive around it is going great, no grindy noises and smooth shifting.
> The 3.88 R&P is fine and with my 1600 DP it goes 60 mph at 3000 RPM, good
> for freeway driving.
> >
> > Thanks Greg.
> >
> > Sam_w
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Send from my random mobile device of the week