[VB] [T2] Hot engine

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 20:46:00 PST 2019

Wow,
Thanks for all the great replies. First I have fuel injection on this
engine. A MegaSquirt controller. Stock VW mexi-bug throttle body intake and
port injection.
I once tried the passive water injection per Robert Mann. Didn't work so
well. Even with the smallest needle (.025" o.d.) water was flowing at about
a gallon plus per hour. It ruined my O2 sensor, expensive.
There is still the possibility that there is something else wrong. Just not
sure what else it could be. I've tried all sorts of air/fuel ratios and
spark advance to no avail.
Like I said, if this new set up doesn't work, I'll try reducing the
compression. This set up should supply about a half liter per hour. Should
be OK on the highway.
BTY I have the sensors on #1 and #3. #3 is about 20 degrees hotter than #1
pushing it up to 400F or beyond if I let it at 65mph on the highway.

Chris