[VB] Hot engine

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 19:00:01 PST 2019

Hi Volks,
More on my overheating heads. I recently checked the compression on all 4.
I found 150, 155, 155, 160. Seems that this equates to a compression ratio
of about 9.5:1 to 10:1. I think I found the problem. Too much compression.
I am preparing to set up a water injection system. I have a replacement
windscreen washer bottle with pump as well as requisite hoses, metering
valve and an injection needle. I have .028" hole drilled into the throttle
body near the top. I'll stick in the needle and initially use a manual
switch in the cab to turn it on. Later on I can use an output on the fuel
injection control to do this automagically. This may cool things off. The
alternative is pulling the motor to install some copper rings between the
heads and the cylinders.

Cheers,
Chris
64 DD Kamper Kit