[VB] Clutch cable pin?

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Mon Oct 16 05:40:42 PDT 2017

So - driving my '65 on Friday - when - clutch pedal basically falls to floor.

I realize clutch cable snapped or something. Unfortunately during rush hour bumper to bumper traffic. Fortunately - I learned  on the list a long time ago how to drive without a clutch cable. I made it home.

Feeling ok - I knew I had a spare clutch cable. So this morning I go out to change the cable - and find the pin at the front - that connects the end of the cable - is just that a pin. It is not one of those Clutch cable clips. I did through all my parts boxes - and can't find a spare. Is there any reason not to just use a clevis pin here from the local hardware store?

Then I can drive my bus until the correct part arrives?

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab