[VB] [T2] 2nd Gear Problems

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Nov 3 06:03:39 PDT 2017

Actually – I forgot to ask. VW changed the set screw from one that is held with a wire to one that appears to be held with blue Loctite. It was working on mine. When I go to reinstall everything – I was just going to use Loctite again. My bolt does not have the hole drilled in it for a securing wire.

What have you guys done? In case I forgot to mention – this is for my ’78 Westy.

That WW piece is not the same – I think I’ll stick with the RTV for now. I’ve got an email into the company in the Netherlands about the automated shipping quote. It sounds crazy high.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab