[VB] Good NEws

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Sun Aug 20 05:35:57 PDT 2017

OK - just to update you all.

I've got the bus back in my driveway. I've run out of AAA tows ;(

I took the distributor from my singlecab. It has pertronix points in it. And the singlecab was running fine before I took it out of service to get a bunch of body work done.
I put the distributor into my '65. I set the timing with a static timing light, I thought this would get me in the ballpark, then it would start, and I could time it dynamically.

Unfortunately - this is not the case. I can't get it started now. Aside from starting over with checking spark and fuel - could there be something wrong with the way I installed the distributor? I put it in, it is engaged with the bottom, I connected the black lead to the neg on the coil, and the red to the positive on the coil. Double checked spark plug connections to distributor cap.

I've got to go out for a chunk of the day - when I get back to this, I'll start at the beginning for troubleshooting - spark & fuel.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab