[VB] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Wed Aug 16 06:09:10 PDT 2017

Ok, had a little time in the dark - went out to check the points, and adjust them.

They were in bad shape. Worst I've seen. I can't seem to find a spare set - thought I had one around here. I took them out, and sanded them down. I re-installed. Set gap - but not quite right. Dwell is now reading 31, should be 52 I believe. This means my gap is too big, but I am measuring a snug .016.

I think I'll take them out again and file them down more - maybe I didn't get them clean enough. Hopefully I can find a set tomorrow at one of my FLAPS.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab