[VB] Good NEws

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Tue Aug 15 16:50:42 PDT 2017

Hi Mike. I hear you.
I believe I did a full tune up 1300 miles ago - that is why I didn't start with that. It ran fine when I parked it. I just had trouble when starting it. When I replaced the fuel filter - it started right up.

Looking thru my records...
About 1300 miles ago I did a tune up - adjust valves, check spark plugs, check gap at distributor, adjust timing.
About 1000 miles ago I installed a new distributor cap and rotor.
700 miles ago I replaced the fuel pump.
350 miles ago I installed the new petcock in fuel tank, and cleaned out filter in tank.

I'll try to go through the full tune up again tomorrow - I checked valves today - they were spot on.
I'll also see if I have a spare condenser - not sure when I replaced that last.

As a side note - some have suggested higher octane gas. I'm putting in 93 octane.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab