[VB] [T2] some good news

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Sat Aug 12 09:39:27 PDT 2017

Yes, most of the fuel was from 2015. I drained it all (I had used some fuel stabilizer). I was going to mix it into the tank of another car. About 1 gallon for tankful.

The issue with old gas - if I don't re-use it, what do I do with it? I don't want to dump it in the ground, most FLAPS won't take it. I filtered it A LOT with multiple coffee filters, so I don't think there is any sediment in it, just not very volatile any more.

The inside of the tank was actually nice and shiny. After washing it out, and trying to dry as much as possible, I swished some gas around in it, then sprayed some WD 40 in there for the weekend. When I do put fresh gas in, I 'll probably add some dry gas to help get rid of any residual moisture in the tank.

-Kevin Guarnotta

’65 Kombi
’69 Singlecab
’78 Westy