[VB] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Aug 11 15:09:55 PDT 2017

Well Today I drained most of the gas tank, with the intent of trying to flush it while installed - but upon further review - I decided to pull the engine so I could look inside the tank.

What do you know, the tank was actually pretty clean. The in-tank filter was a bit dirty, but didn't appear too clogged to me. But maybe.

If you want to pull the tank with a gas heater installed - you can't. You need to remove the gas heater and the engine.

Almost back together again - replaced some worn looking CV joint boots while I was in there. Cleaned up some electrical connections, a little degreasing inside the engine bay. Now I'm hoping one of my neighbors can give me a hand putting the engine back in.

Then some fresh gas - and I also need to get some inline fuel filters. I only had two spares, and I used them yesterday.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab