[VB] [T2] some good news

Erik Burtis ewdb92 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:54:17 PDT 2017

Flushing the tank and cleaning the internal filter sock sounds like the
best place to start and is fairly simple if you have enough gas cans.  Had
this issue with a beetle some years ago and had good results by flushing
the tank and then using a bowl fuel filter right under the tank to catch
98% of the debris and the standard filter further down stream.  The bowl
filter allowed debris to settle out while not clogging the lines.  Come to
think of it, I'm pretty sure I left the filter sock off so it wouldn't clog
up the works.  Kept an eye on the bowl filter and changed it whenever
needed.  The standard filter got changed about the normal rate. Served me
well for about a year before I sold the bug.  Long term solution is to take
the tank to a radiator place to have cleaned out (or do it yourself) and
then seal it.

Erik