[T2] frozen brake drums

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Wed May 12 12:02:11 PDT 2021

Get a good puller - like the OTC 7394 or KD 2251.

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-7394-Universal-Hub-Puller/dp/B0002SRH60

remove the big nut on the rear, and the bearing adjuster nut on the front,
and let the puller do the work.   it WILL pull the brake shoes right off
the backing plates if it needs to.   (so you might damage the backing
plates)).   you could drill out the heads of the retaining pins from under
the bus first to avoid it.

yes, this is from experience when I had a stuck drum and tried everything
else first (including driving >100 miles with the nut slightly loose and
pinned on).....and forgot to back off the shoes when I used the puller.