[T2] VB] Cleaning out a case that's been sitting...

John Burneskis john.burneskis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:24:06 PDT 2021

In my 2liter type 2 engines,  I use to run 3 quarts of kerosene, mixed with
1 quart of oil, like my pappy taught me.

Now I just throw in 3,5 quarts of diesel fuel. Run the bus around the
neighborhood until engine is slightly warm, go home. Drain oil and oil
filter (2liter engine), replace oil filter and add cheap throwaway oil.

Another 15 or less run throug the neighborhood,  go home, drain oil &
change oil and filter.

Be sure to put the right amount of oil in, because you won't be able to see
the oil on your dipstick for the next thousand miles.

And thanks for the reminder. When I get out of the hospital I'll see how
gunky my oil is, no reason for me to suffer 6 belly cuts and removal of
40cm of large intestine while the bus sits comfortably in the garage,
waiting for me to dust it off again.

Bus hasn't been exercised since March 2020, when I did a 600 mile roadtrip
from Orlando to key west, then a 1,200 mile dash home to Northern Virginia.

The start is COVID-19 scare.