[T2] horsehair air cleaner

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Wed Aug 18 06:28:26 PDT 2021

hmm.  since we didnt get uprights in 73 in the US i’m not sure which filter
housing you have.  its metal and oil filled?    all uprights in the us in
beetles etc has plastic housings w paper filters.

i’m thinking those 6mm ports are ports for a vacuum? operated bypass for
the warm air intake (that 99% of the time is disconnected and or doesnt
work).   if your warm air isnt hooked up i wouldnt worry about them.

i’d just make sure the oil breather is hooked to the air cleaner.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 5:55 PM Robert Mann <robtmann7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My clutch certainly needed replacement but I little suspected
> Silverdale Automotive (Brian) would keep my camper > 6mo selling me parts
> not needed (e.g distributor cap + leads) & confiscating all the shims of
> the alternator pulley.
> The aircleaner I believe to be OEM complete with horsehair). Top has
> 2 male nozzles dia c.6mm which the Bentley doesn't depict. What should be
> connected onto those nozzles? One suggestion is to slap a simple
> inverted-U of flexible plastic tubing connecting the two nozzles to one
> another. Any other suggestions please?
>
> Thanx for getting this List working again.
>

> Robt Mann
> '73 1600dp Devon camper
> Stanmore Bay
> New Zealand

Send from my random mobile device of the week