[T2] (no subject)

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:58:40 PDT 2021

One offence of the incompetent firm which replaced my clutch etc is
omission of the 3-louvres oil deflector plate, with paper gaskets above &
below, at the base of the alternator stand.  This plate presumably controls
oil splashes &/or fog which are to pass, at limited rates, up thru the
alternator emerging in the main fan housing.  I had not known of this
lubricant fog until I found the deflector plate omitted and looked it up in
the Bentley.
     BTW the rear L of the 4 bolts holding down the alternator stand flange
base is the convenient place to return oil from the dunny-paper oil-filter
made by my old friends Fluidyne.  This bolt hole goes clear thru into the
sump, so I merely replaced that bolt with a home-made hollow bolt.
     The 2 for'ard fastenings of this alternator stand base are v tricky to
undo, and so I ask whether the oil deflector plate is necessary.  It has
been left out, wrongfully; but how much harm will result if I don't replace
it?   The motor is OK (and with skimmed heads, obviously more powerful).
Has anyone experience running a similar motor lacking that oil-control
deflector plate?

      I'm relieved to have recovered my camper and it is performing well so
far, but the pleasure is eroded by finding so many things wrong in the
workmanship of Silverdale Automotive.  I am sure Brian would not be so
imprudent as to sue me.

Good to be mobile again, and to look fw to good advice

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper
Stanmore Bay
New Zealand