[T2] Jack storage

Bob accessys at smart.net
Mon Jun 8 14:07:15 PDT 2020

I've had both over the years, and would never actually use them to jack up
the bus it is a VW fail wouldn't trust the things.  (if you are doing to
make a complete resto ok) but I always carry a "REAL" jack such as a hyd
jack, a long reach type like used on a 4X4 is easier to use and a LOT
safer.

YMMV
Bob

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020, Chris Dreike wrote:

> Just noticed in the photo that I have a different jack. It does not have a
> crank handle. I need to use my lug nut wrench.
> Is a jack with a crank handle something newer than my 71?
>
> Chris
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 1:03 PM Mikah Janda <mikah at whidbey.net> wrote:
>
>> There is a clip that holds it in place.
>> Mikah
>>
>>> On Jun 8, 2020, at 12:40 PM, Chris Dreike <cdreike at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> I'm trying to figure out what to do with the jack in my 71. I see in the
>>> owners manual that it is to fit under the front passenger seat. However
>> the
>>> picture I have is a bit fuzzy. I can't see what is holding it in place.
>>> Anyone have a clear photo of the jack mounted in place that you could
>> send
>>> me?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris