[T2] Disc brakes dragging

Erik Burtis ewdb92 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 14:48:17 PDT 2020

"Thanks for all the input. All the parts are new save the steel brake
lines"- these coil be rusting from the inside out and causing a blockage,
but since the symptoms go away with the booster disconnecting, I don't
think this is your issue.

" Erik, Where is the check valve you mentioned earlier? Is it in the M/C? or
were you referring to the vacuum check valve in line to the manifold?"
Yes, it's the one by the manifold.  As Bob suggested, make sure it's
installed in the right direction.  Memory is a little fuzzy but I think the
bentley has it backwards.  Search the samba for the bentley mistakes
thread.  The check valve should hold a vacuum for several minutes after you
turn the car off, overnight in some cases.  So if you go back 5 min after
turning the bus off, press the brakes and the pedal should go down easi=y
for the first cycle or two.  Then it'll become more difficult.

" AND one more thing. In perusing the forums on the Samba I found a post
complaining of exactly the problem I'm having"  Shoot the PO a message and
see if/how he solved it.

There are some problems that show up with the new boosters verse rebuilt.
Call your vendor, maybe they have some suggestions?