[T2] Disc brakes dragging

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Sat Aug 15 20:00:56 PDT 2020

Hi Chris,

I don't know exactly how disc brakes work - but I've read that the flexible brake line (which is usually made of some rubber compound) between the chassis and the wheel can deteriorate from the inside. I believe this can cause the brake fluid pressure to build up - as the fluid can't flow backwards properly.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this properly - essentially the hose deteriorate - causing weird problems. This may only be on drum brakes?

Do disc brakes work the same? Did you replace these hoses when you put the disc brakes in?

-Kevin Guarnotta
Woodstock, NH

'86 Syncro w EJ22 conversion
'78 Westy