[T2] Braided fuel line

Billiumboy billiumboy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 20:18:35 PDT 2019

Deanah,
Is your 77 still fuel injected?

I would suggest using modern fuel line that can handle the ethanol found in most gasoline.

I suggest Gates Barricade branded line.  Three feet of 5/16 should do it.  I would also suggest proper 13-15mm fuel injection hose clamps and not worm clamps. You will need a sharp set of snips as this line is hard to cut even with razor blades.

You will also need about 2 inches of a larger fuel line that connects the fuel filter to the fuel pump.

The braided line does not seem to hold up well to today’s fuel

Please make sure to replace all of the fuel line even behind the fuel regulator back to the tank.  The late Bay has an odd design that has two small fuel line connections that are above the starter.  Gas and electricity are not a good mix.

JMHU.   I can answer any other questions you may have as I spent last weekend replacing all the fuel line in my 78.

Best,
Bill