[T2] T4 1700 questions

Dave Gillingham dave at coronado-realty.com
Tue Sep 11 11:06:03 PDT 2018

I just got the trans back from rebuildings, and it looked so good I decided
to replace the clutch, pressure plate and TO bearing.

I have the engine down to the long block and am wondering if I should go
ahead and replace the pushrod seals?  I don't think they are leaking.  My
thinking is that they don't require an engine pull to fix later.

Also, my fan casing is felony dirty - caked crud inside.  Can it be dipped
at a radiator shop without damaging it?

And, is there a source for the various rubber grommets in the engine tin?

Finally, and I don't know that this is critical...my alternator mounting
bolt was missing the nut, and the threads are damaged.  Anybody know of a
source for a new one?

TIA,

Dave