[T2] Dipstick length

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:59:21 PDT 2018

   Is the relevant distance from the hilt of the dipstick (which normally
rests on top of a short tube down to the crankcase) to the end?
   For my 1600 motor that is 16 cm
   Distance from hilt to low mark on stick: 14.5cm
                           "     " high  "          "       : 12.5 cm
BTW volume of oil to bring level from low mark to high mark: 1.25 litre
(for the 1700 motor: a mere 0.5 litre).

BTW why not take the opportunity to slap in a T-sensing dipstick *e.g* a
meat thermometer (thermocouple J-type, so that the same millivoltmeter
reads T from that oil thermometer or a Westach or VDO thermocouple under a
spark plug or otherwise in good thermal contact with the #3 cyl head.

Robt Mann
'73 1600 dp Devon camper