[T2] T4 1700 questions

Bradley Spear my13jetta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 12:44:51 PDT 2018

1. An air infection pump started in 1973 that put air in to each cylinder
via these ports. You air pump hass probably been gone for years. Some
people seal the old tubes. Other people put in bolts. And others replace
the heads.

2. Probably valve seals.

3. I would replace the clutch, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing while
the engine and transmission are apart.

Brad Spear
'72 Westy
'71 Karmann Ghia