[T2] would you buy a bus today?

Avocado Tom Tarka avocadotom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:00:48 PDT 2018

Andrew,

What oil weight are you running?

I had been running heavier weight oils (15w-40) and actually found that moving to 10w-30 reduced my oil temps.  The working theory from others elsewhere is that the heavier weight oil was bypassing the stock oil cooler.

Other than the normal checklist for overheating (all engine seals in place, thermostat adjusted properly, nothing has found its way into the fan - like a rag, no extra rolling resistance from brakes not being adjusted properly, etc) there are other things you can do to help cooling.  One thing would be to install a smaller pulley on your alternator or generator, like the one from a Porsche 356.  Then you can move to the other mods like oil coolers and what not.

First step is just to verify everything else is as it should be...

Cheers,
   Avo

—
“We are MoTown. We’re professionals.  We’re here to get the job done.”