[T2] 71 fuel tank removal

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Tue Oct 9 21:34:15 PDT 2018

I'm having trouble removing my 71 fuel tank. Straps are loose. The fuel
hose is disconnected. The vapor recover hose is disconnected. I can't
lift the tank up at all. Need to lift about a 1/2" to clear the strap
bolts. Its almost as if there are more bolts holding the tank down or
there is something on top preventing the lift. I can rock it slightly so
it seems to be loose from the pads. Anyone have ideas? My hammer makes
dents so I don't want to use that.
Reason for removal is to install a new sender.

Thanks,
Chris
64DD Kamper Kit
71 Sunroof