[T2] Alternator vs generator

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Sat Jul 14 14:43:42 PDT 2018

Hi all,
Thank you for all your opinions!
I bought an alternator, fuel pump, alternator stand, and a vacuum advance distributor.
I discovered that the PO removed the cooling flaps and thermostat from the doghouse.
I was able to find the flaps, hardware and thermostat from a source nearby.
Now to cleanup the alternator stand and flaps and get them painted before I get them installed. While I'm at it, I need to replace the boots on the headers. I want to make sure that I replace anything that may be allowing air into the system.

What is the opinion of the group about moving the gas filter under the vehicle?
Again thanks for everyone's opinion. They helped me make my decision as the engine is sitting on the ground so I may as well do everything now!

Bob