[T2] teflon in sump oil ?

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:53:33 PDT 2018

      I scored from a dumper bin a mint can of Nulon® E20 Performance
Additive.  The label indicates its active ingredient is
polytetrafluoroethylene (common tradename Teflon), a famously slippery
substance.
      A few decades ago, the NZ distributor of Slick 50, a similar oil
additive, ran it in the sump oil of a Toyota Corolla, then drained the
sump, and set out from Wellington for Auckland (420 mi).  It seized going
up the first long steep hill (< 10 mi).  They repeated the experiment, with
AA observer, and completed the journey with no sump oil.  Nevertheless I've
not noticed anyone mentioning Slick 50 for many y.  Now this Nulon version
is on our market  ...
     Anyone got any experience, or failing that, rumours?

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon