[T2] handy bottle for water-injection

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:14:29 PST 2018

     Oil is sold by *e.g* Lubrication Engineers in the 5-litre flagon 29 x
19 x 12.5 cm which turns out to fit snugly in the rear L bottom corner of
the T2 body  -  anyhow in my '73.  Of course it must be cleaned out first
with *e.g* petrol and then detergent/water.
     Although it is a cosy interference fit, it still requires a
(removeable) floor across the bottom of its 'compartment'  –  *e.g*
plexiglass.
     Ideal would be a 'sight glass'  – a cm-wide vertical slot sliced by,
say, diamond saw in angle-grinder, up the outside of the compartment,
allowing effortless inspection of the water level.  But the versions I've
seen of this 5-L oil bottle are pretty opaque, so until we get a
transparent or at least translucent version this sight-glass concept is
purely theoretical.

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper