[T2] Starting problems in 78 VW Bus

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:43:41 PDT 2018

Andrew, I agree, BUT it could be failing on the fuel side also. If you
have  plus and minus at the injector when the engine is cranking and cold,
then pull the injector off the manifold, GROUND the HV wire on the coil,
Wrap it loosely to catch the fuel, then have someone crank to motor over
briefly.  The Bentley shows the exact procedure. ALWAYS be careful when you
have spark and  spraying gas outside the engine.
Like have a helper. A fire extinguisher. Do this test outdoors. It's bad to
burn up your bus. Worse to burn up the bus and the shop.
Al