[T2] Good News

Dennis Gentry dennis.gentry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:10:04 PDT 2017

About bits of broken washer having fallen into your engine:  This is the
fiber washers, not the steel ones?

If you don't already have one, install a magnetic oil drain plug and you'll
probably find the bits if it was steel!

I forget what the filter setup is like on a '65, but it's just a screen,
not a paper filter, rightt?   I suppose the fiber bits could clog some tiny
oil galley, but if they were falling apart where they were, I imagine they
should fall apart in hot, pressurized oil.  It might be worth changing the
oil and checking the filter for bits.

Good Luck!