[T2] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Aug 18 19:21:02 PDT 2017

OK, I have found a problem. A clearly identifiable problem.

I looked at the distributor, there was a tiny bit of wiggle in it, but it did not spin in the clamp. I went to look at the distributor on my '78. That one is rock solid, and does not move at all.

I went back to the distributor on the '65. I pulled it out. I spun it around, it seemed ok. I looked closely at the bottom of it - and found one of the washers at the bottom of the distributor appears to have broken apart. What this would cause, I do not know. But It is clearly an issue. Should I be worried about bits of it having gone into the engine?

So I've got to either rebuild this one, get someone to rebuilt mine, and/or get a new one. The one I have is a German Bosch unit. JUR / 0213 137 005 / 111 905 205N. My carb is a Solex H 30/31 PICT.

I think I mentioned earlier my desire to get pertronix (as it was suggested to me, and I hate adjusting points). I have one of those aircooled.net svda distributors, which I may be able to swap in here, while I try to decide the best one to install.

So if I get a new distributor - aircooled.net sells some with the pertronix points replacement module already installed. Pertronix 1, 2 or 3. They no longer have those custom SVDA distributor they put together. Any recommendations for a distributor?

Again - thanks for all your help.... I feel like I am singlehandedly bringing the list back to life...it has been quiet here for a while. Maybe I'll have to make my '65 my daily driver again.

;)

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy