[T2] Hiccuping Engine

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Tue Apr 25 16:03:57 PDT 2017

----Original Message-----
Bob Pratt wrote
Hi all,
I hope you all have gotten your babies out of storage and on the road.
Lately, loosing power to the point where the engine dies and I have to pull off the road. Once I stop, I restart the engine, with a bit of trouble. The power returns and I'm okay. Today this happened twice within 10 minutes. This happens whether the engine has warmed up or cold.

Bob... what comes to mind is a dropped valve seat.. but that said... try some other things as well...

If the valve seat is bad.. it might be obvious looking at the valve stems and clearance lash..
Check the dwell,, see if the points are worn ,, or wearing.. should be close to 50
Check the timing.. see if there is scatter meaning points or distributor problems
Check the vac.. bouncing needle can indicate valve seat problems.
Check fuel pressure,, maybe it is starving for gas.. blocked filter,,

If you have a fuel injection engine.. Temp sender 2 .. fuel pressure ...