[T2] Pertronix ?

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Sat Apr 15 11:31:38 PDT 2017

I also hear of high failure rates on the sensors. Maybe the design does
not include a transient voltage suppressor. Its like a diode but
designed to clamp the supply voltage at a safe level. Automotive
electrical systems are known to have transient high voltage spikes that
could be damaging to an unprotected solid state device.

Link to a data sheet:
http://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/electronics/datasheets/tvs_diodes/littelfuse_tvs_diode_p6ke_datasheet.pdf.pdf

A P6KE16CA or a P6KE18CA would likely do the trick.

Chris