[T2] Pertronix ?

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Sat Apr 15 07:43:45 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Robert Mann <robtmann7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> An importer is offering in NZ a Pertronix ignition system for U$162.   Is
> that one of the best CDI or have there been quite a few moans about it on
> this list?

What model pertronix?

the stuff I'm familiar with are the points replacement modules (the
"ignitor" series), and those are not CDI.    I guess I had 1 out of 4
fail, which is better than the failure rate I had on alternatives.

Looks like those are available for around $150 USD from US retailers
(looking at cip1. probably better deals can be found) - if I recall my
understanding of the import market to AU and NZ, that would probably
mean it would retail for closer to $300 NZD/AUD locally?  (pretty much
everyone I've talked to said it ends up costing 2x...)

So $162 NZD sounds like a reasonable price.  :)