[T2] Door gasket

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Apr 6 12:15:16 PDT 2017

Installing gaskets. I'm not sure about this gasket in particular, but I have some experience installing similar gaskets.
I suggest you start in the middle and push the gasket into place. Then push the ends in place too. Now push the gasket into place by cutting the distance between installed points in half.

It is very easy to start a gasket on one end to install, and inadvertently stretch the gasket as you install it. Then when you get to the end - you have a lot of extra gasket. Then you cut the extra off.

A week or month later, the gasket shrinks a bit back to its original size, and now you have a gasket that is a bit too short!

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab