[T2] Door gasket

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Wed Apr 5 15:25:49 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Almost time to dust off your babies, if you haven't done so already, for spring!
I chipped out the passenger side door gasket so I can install a new one. I'm confused as to reinstall the new one. I looked at the driver's side door to see how it's installed, but it too is very old and some of the rubber is missing.
I've been looking on line as to which side of the gasket goes in the groove, but all I can find is the finished product.
Does the groove of the gasket go over the lip of the door?
I also bought the Brazilian gaskets from BusDepot, and noticed there is about a foot of extra gasket once I dry fit the thing.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Have I wasted all that money by buying Brazilian rubber instead of German?