[T2] inverter reboot trick?

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Sun Sep 25 06:01:32 PDT 2016

This from another list:

"Bought a new 1000 watt pure sinewave inverter. Installed it where my
old inverter was located using the same 4 gage cables. Got it installed,
turned it on, came on for about five seconds with an error code, then
shut down.  Checked the voltage at the battery and the back of the
inverter, all good. Tried again, still didn't work. This morning called
the place where I bought the inverter. Explained what was happening, and
the tech rep said he had never heard of that before, especially since I
was getting error codes for too much voltage, when nothing was plugged
in. He said it would have to be replaced. Then he said there is one last
thing you can try. He said to disconnect the cables at the house battery
that run to the inverter, then touch the inverter + and - together. Said
I should get a small spark. Then reattach the cables and try the
inverter. Thinking this was going to be a waste of time, but I tried it
anyway. Lo and behold, the inverter now works!  So if you're inverter
quits, you just might want to try this. The tech guy said this
discharges the capacitors and resets the inverter. Wish I had tried this
with my old inverter before I replaced it.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper