[T2] Steering column

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Sat Sep 24 07:02:29 PDT 2016

Hi all,
When I took the steering tube apart, I noticed that the steering column bearing, #3 on the exploded view, on page 27 in the front axle chapter of the Bentley book, was just a cage.

Are there suppose to be bearings in that cage? Or is it suppose to be empty. If there are bearings in the cage where do I find them? If they're NLA are there any suitable replacements?

BTW.. I'm still working on the wiring, but the summer here had been too hot and humid fore me to work outside safely.