[T2] Replacing the turn signal switch 1971 bus

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Sun Jan 17 23:21:38 MST 2016

I dunno Bob,,
Does your picture show the grey/black wire as found?
What doesn't work at this point?

I am guessing,, but if you are this far into it... If it was me,, I'd probe
all the wires leaving the signal switch to "prove" they work,, then you can
eliminate something..
what I mean is,, take a live wire and touch it to;
black/red ,, it should light up the right rear signal/brake lamp
black/yellow .. it should light up the left rear signal/brake lamp

black/white.. it should light up the left front signal lamp
black/green.. it should light up the right front signal lamp

if that checks out,, then you know you have good wiring in the bus, and at
the lampholders...

does you signal switch look like
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1034701

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1005494