[T2] Replacing the turn signal switch 1971 bus

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Sun Jan 17 15:22:15 MST 2016

Hi all,
In desperation I replaced the turn signal switch as I have not yet figured why the turn signals or the 4way flashers don't work.

Before I disconnected the, I matched the old wires withe the new wires.
I took a photo of the wiring 6 wire block before I disconnected the wires before I pulled the switch out.

I installed the new wires and connected them according to the photo and matched them to the other side of the 6 wire connector.

I got 7 of the wires connected, but there is a grey/black wire left over. I go back to the old switch and see that there is grey/black wire on the old one too.
I can't find it in the schematic either.

Can anyone help me before I toss a match in the gas tank?
TIA

Bob Pratt