[T2] Ceramic Coating

adam butler acbutler.dandy at icloud.com
Sun Apr 17 04:48:04 MST 2016

I am just getting into the VW motors, more, the air cooled. I was into vanagons the later ones for a decade or so, and I got this adventurewagen so its heavier and we want to build something super dependable and reliable.

unfortunately, we already purchased the pistons from parts place, we chose a 88 machinable piston, so we can fly cut them, then ceramic coat the exhaust valve head? ( do I need to do the valve head, as well with the port), also include the 33mm exhaust valve, increasing the exhaust output, but right now they are hard to find.

What are your ideas on a cam, because I am torn, Its a hightop that will be traveling, I would like to also include a highway flyer tranny at some point soon.

Are there differences in the coatings, such as dry and wet?

thanks
Adam