[T2] Headlight problems

Pat Spragge/RFAN Pat.Spragge at rfan.com
Wed Nov 4 10:46:57 MST 2015

Bob,

"I had trouble with the turn signals and 4 way flashers when I first got
the vehicle as they were blowing fuses. I somehow fixed the problem and
didn't have any other problems until I replaced the headlights."

This statement provides a clue...when you say 'somehow fixed the
problem...' I take it the lights just started working again without you
doing much more than wiggling wires? Did you take any corrective action to
fix the problem? Might be stating the obvious, but sounds like you have a
short somewhere that reappeared after working on the headlights. These can
be difficult to trace, since you typically keep blowing fuses every time
the short is triggered.  There is a short tester that is used in these
situations to help in tracing the shorting circuit. It temporarily
replaces the fuse that is blowing.
You might check with your nearest FLAPS and see if they have one.

SG Tool Aid 25100 Short Tester by Tool Aid  ~$40
http://www.toolaid.com/products/electrical/short-finders

You can search on YouTube to see how it works.

Pat