[T2] Headlight problems

Bob Pratt ka1dza at verizon.net
Wed Nov 4 07:18:41 MST 2015

I got the headlights at VinageCarLeds. I was so used to driving at night with the brighter type lights on the family car, that when I took the bus out at night I couldn't see very well.

I had trouble with the turn signals and 4 way flashers when I first got the vehicle as they were blowing fuses. I somehow fixed the problem and didn't have any other problems until I replaced the headlights.

The first thing I did when I discovered the problem was reinstall the old headlights. It didn't fix the problem. Which makes me think I blew something somewhere.

I'm going to attempt to pull the fuse box down so I can take a look at the relays. Jamie wanted to know what the numbers on the relays were. Maybe I just need to change the relays to something that can handle the new style lights.

I remember 4 or 5 years back when people were changing to halogen lights there was a part that need to be changed or a new circuit that needed to be installed to handle the new lights, but I can't remember what it was and I can't find it in the archives.

Bob Pratt