[T2] Westy Faucet Fail

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Jul 24 10:56:20 MST 2015

Hi Guys,

About to go camping for the weekend - and figure I might as well finally replace my sink switch and faucet. Existing switch was wonky - and worked intermittently, and the existing faucet leaked.

So I had ordered the parts last summer to install, I finally get to installing them today. I take the old stuff out - and inadvertently pull the hose out of the pump - so water is shooting out the side. I stick my finger in there, and call my friend to come help.

She gets me a set of pliers so I can open the valve at the bottom of the tank, and let the water out of the tank - unfortunately the valve is clogged, and no water drains out. So eventually I get some other hose to hook up to the pump, and pump/drain the tank. I then remove the drain valve, clear it out from whatever was clogging it. I then install switch, new faucet, ne drain line, and new hose from pup to faucet. I put it all back together, and test it out. I don't see any leaks. I clean up, the try to put the top down over the sink cabinet, and the faucet hits the top of the cabinet. So it won't shut. I found this - thesamba.com/vw//forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1110059 so I guess someone else ran into the same problem. I didn't see any solution. Is there one?

Thanks,

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy