[T2] Re 70 CV Joints

Martin Mikush martinmikush at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:43:05 MST 2015

I took both half shafts off. the CV joints were almost dry with just
some dirty grease inside...
https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipPZ693TTDPjVnAYFpKpvnMd9cnB-XYyXi7UoSGO/photo/AF1QipO7ajleEkkyPLLAT-xSYmESogCv9V9z3GuntwPH

Bought two CV Joints from Danish auto parts store (I live in this part
of the world where shipping from US could cost a lot ...
My plan is to take off just the outer CV joints ( supposedly they are
took more wear .  And to replace the boots after good cleaning without
disassembly of the inner CV-Joints. By doing this I will spare some
efforts on hammering on the axle to take the CV joints completely .
few questions :
Is there anybody here with experience using JP group products?
 - their CV joints are produced as "ROULEX". But the CV Joints have
some visible groves from the miling process - hope this is not crucial
and the steel is good. http://www.johspedersen.dk/uk/home
this is the new danish cv joint - spposedly the photo is from the side
opposite the grove - and the inner part has a recess , which makes me
think this is the side for the shaft to "come out" so ... groves
inwards ?
https://goo.gl/photos/FtQw7d3zfKwF72Tq9

Need help with advice on hammering out the old CV Joints - Should I
heat the inner part of the CV Joint to release it easily ? it goes so
slow with oiling with penetration oil and hammering the shaft ... or I
am tooo gentle to it ? :)

Thank you all !
Martin  Mikush
mobile: +359 886503058