[T2] 73 Type 2

Chuck & Connie chuckconnie at cox.net
Tue Jul 14 08:08:35 MST 2015

Hello all,
Having trouble...needing some help.
I have the 73 Type 2 with the original muffler with the tail pipe that
goes in on an angle and the pipe exits out left.

Where in the world can you find a donut gasket and flange that goes
between the muffler and the tail pipe?

Called everyone...and what I have found out or suggested, is to buy a
donut for 74 beetle and shave it to make it fit over the tail
pipe...problem I have having is the inside diameters are too small.

The correct one is 43mm ID and the 22571 by Fel Pro is a 41mm.. Busdepot
has a ton of stuff but nothing that will fit.

Thanks,
Chuck