[T2] Fw: T2 '70 CV Joints - noise ? & replacement ... need help...

Pat Spragge/RFAN Pat.Spragge at rfan.com
Mon Jul 13 10:20:31 MST 2015

GoWesty, in California has both EMPI and German GKN CV joints...$100 for
4ea EMPI; $250 for the 4ea of the German brand...

Pat

From:   Jim Denton <2thingswild at gmail.com>
To:     Bob carroll <accessys at smart.net>,
Cc:     t2 <type2 at type2.com>
Date:   07/13/2015 07:21 AM
Subject:        Re: [T2] T2 '70 CV Joints - noise ? & replacement ... need
help...
Sent by:        "type2" <type2-bounces at type2.com>

I have no qualms about reusing an OEM cv, even one with high miles if the
wear isn't excessive. Properly greased it may still have more life left in
it than a new replacement axle assembly.

>From what I hear, the quality of aftermarket axle assemblies is spotty.
You may or may not get a good cv's when you buy an axle assembly.