[T2] signs of life in Baltimore

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:56:20 MST 2015

	I've not followed this epic closely, but at this stage
something rather subtle is likely to be the solution.
	Please forgive me, namesake, if I now proceed to tell what
you already know full well.  I just want to make sure you're aware
that 'Got spark' can be deceptive.  The cyl compression of your rogue
motor is high (for a VW), which increases the chances that a spark
that shows reliably out in the air will not work well enough when it
has to.  Remember those garage spark plug cleaners AND testers, with
a thick window (?mica) allowing you to see the spark as you pump up
the pressure?  Only if the spark was loud, blue at 1 atm will it keep
working fine at 10 atm.  A spark which is merely orange and
near-inaudible out in the air can turn out inadequate in working
conditions!
	If feeble spark is the fault, a good coil should fix it.

Good luck

--
Robt Mann
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand