[T2] CHT with Dakota gauge

Martin Strandgard mnstra at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 25 15:06:18 MST 2015

>Update on CHT. First of all, here's a picture of the sensor's o-ring,
stretched into an egg shape on the first installation.

Looking at the photo I would say that leaking exhaust gas is your problem. I have had the same problem with distortion of the sensor ring and fixed it by removing the original sealing washer from the spark plug putting on the sensor ring and replacing the sealing washer. It was a while ago but IIRC I got the sealing washer off by clamping it with a pair of pliers or vice grips and unscrewing it from the spark plug.

Hope this helps,

Martin